The global organic acids market size is expected to gain impetus from the high demand for food products without chemical preservatives. This information is published by Fortune Business Insights™ in an upcoming study, titled, “Organic Acids Market, 2019-2026.” The study further mentions that organic acids are experiencing high demand from the food and beverages industry worldwide. A team of researchers from the Zhengzhou Fruit Research Institute, for instance, published a report in the journal of Scientia Horticulturae in January 2021. It delivers the theoretical basis for watermelon quality breeding. It also contains a brief analysis of the changes taking place in the organic acid and sugar during fruit development to detect the key gene networks.
The COVID-19 pandemic is projected to continue its impact on the food and beverage industry. In the early days, processors were hesitant to expand the capacity of warehouses or production lines. But, the pandemic has compelled every one of them to change the traditional model, which, in turn, would propel the construction of additional capacity in facilities. The virus has also added complexity to how production processes are put forward for keeping up with social distancing norms. Our detailed reports will help you better understand the current situation of the market. You can select the appropriate strategy to gain business confidence.
Request A Sample Copy Organic Acids Market Report
How Have We Segregated the Market?
We have categorized the market on the basis of type, application, and geography. In terms of type, the market is divided into citric acid, lactic acid, tartaric acid, acetic acid, and others (benzoic, malic, and others). Based on application, it is fragmented into food and beverage, pharmaceutical, textile and adhesive, others (animal feed, petrochemical, and others). Lastly, on the basis of geography, it is segmented into North America, Europe, South America, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East and Africa.
What Does This Research Report Contain?
The report delivers an elaborate assessment of numerous customers’ journeys related to the market, regions, and segments. At the same time, it provides numerous customer impressions about organic acids and their applications. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points across multiple customer touch points. The business intelligence and consultation solutions would aid interested stakeholders, such as chief experience officers to enhance customer experience maps catered to their requirements. They can transform customer experience and engagement with their own brands.
Drivers and Restraints-
Increasing Usage in Fruit Juices and Soft Drinks to Aid Growth
Organic acids are extensively used in soft drinks across the globe. Lactic acid, for instance, acts as an acidity regulator in fruit juices and soft beverages owing to its mild taste. Besides, the surging usage of this product to counteract pathogens in food items would augment the organic acids market growth in the near future. The CODEX Alimentarius proved that citric acid can be utilized in a wide variety of food and beverages listed under the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). However, the expensive nature of raw materials, namely, maze, corn, and biomass, may obstruct the demand for organic acids.
North America to Remain at the Forefront Fueled by Presence of Leading Manufacturers
- North America: The region is likely to showcase robust growth by earning the largest organic acids market share in the upcoming years. This growth is attributable to the presence of a few prominent companies, such as Archer Daniels Midland Company, The Dow Chemical Company, and others. They are majorly focusing on introducing novel in-house products and expanding their facilities. Celanese Corporation, for instance, broadened the production capacity of acetic acid in California, in February 2019.
- Asia Pacific: The market in this region would grow considerably in the forecast period backed by the implementation of strict rules by government bodies on the usage of synthetic acids. They are encouraging manufacturers to adopt bio-based or natural acids. Coupled with this, the expansion of the pharmaceutical industry in the region is expected to boost the demand for organic acids.
Production Capacity Expansion and Investments — Vital Strategies of Key Companies
The market houses a large number of reputed organic acid manufacturers that are currently aiming to gain a competitive edge. To do so, they are implementing the strategy of capacity expansion and high investments. Below are the two latest industry developments:
- January 2020: BASF SE is planning to broaden the production capacity of methane sulfonic acid (MSA) to 50,000 metric tons per year. The company will build a new plant at the Ludwigshafen site.
- January 2019: LG Technology Ventures invested around USD 5 million in Lygos, Inc. to help the latter expand its global presence and transform large-scale sectors, such as consumer electronics. At the same time, Lygos will provide bio-based solutions that would replace several toxic packaging and manufacturing processes.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Expert
A list of all the renowned organic acid producers operating in the global market:
- BASF SE
- Celanese Corporation
- DSM Cargill
- Tate and Lyle PLC
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG
- Corbion N.V.
- COFCO Biochemical
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Senvia Chemicals Co., Ltd.
- Other key market players
Read Related News: