The global food-grade gellan gum market is set to gain momentum from the rising shift of the consumers from synthetic ingredients to natural ones. Food-grade gellan gum also possesses various health benefitting properties that is likely to upsurge its demand. This information is given byFortune Business Insights™in an upcoming report, titled, “Food-grade Gellan Gum Market Size, Share and Industry Analysis, By Product Type (High Acyl Food Grade Gellan Gum, Low Acyl Food Grade Gellan Gum), By Application (Bakery, Confectionery, Meat and Poultry, Dairy Products, Beverages, Others) Others and Regional Forecast, 2019-2026.” The report further states that the production of organic food products is coming efficient with the help of gellan gum. The U.S. Department of Agriculture recently approved its usage in food production. It has high efficacy that not only stabilizes certain mixes, but also enhances the texture of food items.
Request A Sample Copy – Food-grade Gellan Gum Market Report
Fortune Business Insights™ presents a list of all the companies operating in the food-grade gellan gum market. They are as follows:
- Fufeng Group (China)
- DowDuPont Inc. (U.S.)
- Dancheng Caixin Sugar Industry Co. Ltd. (China)
- Ingredion Incorporated (U.S.)
- Biopolymer International (Belgium)
- Hawkins Watts (Australia)
- Koninklijke DSM N.V. (Netherlands)
- Hebei Xinhe Biochemical Co., Ltd. (China)
- Meron Group (India)
- Cargill Incorporated (U.S.)
- Other key market players
This Report Answers the Following Questions:
- How many companies are expected to gain the maximum revenue?
- What are the latest food-grade gellan gum market trends, growth drivers, and obstacles?
- What are the new strategies followed by key companies to boost sales?
- Which segment is anticipated to dominate in terms of market share?
- What are the important challenges and opportunities that may arise in future?
Drivers and Restraints-
High Demand for Convenience Food Items to Propel Growth
Nowadays, there is a rise in the usage of food-grade gellan gum in multiple applications. In the food and beverage industry, they are utilized as stabilizers, emulsifying agent, gelling and thickening agent, coating agent, and texturizer. Apart from that, the consumption and demand for convenience food items is skyrocketing day by day across the globe. Also, the increasing adoption of gellan gum by various food and beverage manufacturers and rising awareness programs regarding their health benefits would accelerate the food-grade gellan gum market growth. However, the extraction and commercialization of these gellan gums involve high cost spending. It may obstruct market growth.
High Acyl Food-grade Gellan Gum Segment to Lead Backed by its High Usage in FandB Industry
Based on product type, the market is bifurcated into low acyl food-grade gellan gum and high acyl food-grade gellan gum. Out of these, the high acyl food-grade gellan gum segment is expected to generate the highest food-grade gellan gum market share in 2018. It would occur as this gellan gum possesses various characteristics consisting of softness and high elasticity. It is mainly used a stabilizing or thickening agent, as well as an emulsifier.
Rising Population to Favor Growth of Market in Asia Pacific
Geographically, the market is segregated into the Middle East and Africa, Europe, Asia Pacific, North America, and Latin America. Amongst these, Asia Pacific is anticipated to procure considerable food-grade gellan gum market revenue in the coming years. This growth is attributable to the rising population and expansion of the food and beverage industry in this region. Additionally, reputed companies, namely, Meron Group and Caixin Sugar Industry Co. Ltd. would also contribute to the growth.
Europe, on the other hand, is set to showcase high growth owing to the rising demand for the product. Gellan gum is used as a food additive in this region to produce a wide range of food items. The food regulatory authorities of various countries in this region are also announcing their approvals regarding the usage of gellan gums. It would drive growth.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Research Experts
Key Manufacturers Focus on Expansion of Portfolio to Strengthen Position
The market consists of numerous big, small, and medium manufacturers that are presently aiming to upsurge sales by expanding their product portfolio. To do so, some of them are widening their production capacities, while the others are developing new products. Below are two of the latest industry developments:
- January 2019: DSM Hydrocolloids, a supplier of specialty hydrocolloid solutions based in Netherlands, announced its expertise in customer-led innovation, gellan gum, purpose-led strategy, and service excellence. This would enable the company in broadening its product portfolio and strengthening its position.
- June 2019: CP Kelco, a producer of specialty hydrocolloids headquartered in India, declared that it is set to widen its gellan gum production capabilities in the United States at its Oklahoma facility. The company’s aim is to produce more clean-label and naturally derived ingredients.
Read Related News: