Olive Oil Market Global Trends, Size, Share, Industry Growth by Forecast to 2026
“Olives are the traditional tree crops of the Mediterranean Basin. The rising consumption of olive oil in developing as well as developed nations is expected to drive the global olive oil market in the forecast years. Olive oils have several health benefits and are considered as a healthier option to fatty acids. These oils have anti-inflammatory properties and contain antioxidants, thereby protecting against heart diseases and obesity. Spurred by these health benefits, the demand for olive oils is expected to increase in the forthcoming years.
Browse Complete Report:
List of Key players leading the Olive Oil Market include
- Le Figaro
- Salov S.P.A
- Sovena Group
- Nutrinveste SGPS
- Deoleo SA
- Del Monte Foods
- Finca La Reja S.L.
- Grupo Ybarra Alimentación S.L.
- DolCas Biotec
Fortune Business Insights offers a detailed overview of the global market in a report, titled “Olive Oil Market Size, Share & Industry Analysis, By Product Type (Virgin olive oil, Refined, Pomace), By Application (Food and Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Cosmetics & Personal Care), By Distribution Channel (Convenience Stores, Online, Specialty Stores, Drug Stores, Hypermarkets/Supermarkets, Retail) and Regional Forecast, 2019-2026.” The report provides a detailed overview of the overall market landscape, aiming to help key players build business strategies. These strategies will further help companies to stay ahead of the competition. In addition to this, it analyzes some of the latest trends prevalent in the market, helping our readers to gain valuable insights into the olive oil industry. Last but not least, the report gives a detailed overview of the competitive landscape and profiles of key players.
Increasing Health Consciousness to Drive Market in Europe
Among regions, Europe is expected to dominate the global olive oil market through the forecast years. The growth us ascribable to the rising usage of olive oil in households. People in the region are increasingly becoming health conscious and focussing on consuming healthier products. Spurred by this, the market is expected to rise at a higher CAGR in Europe in the forthcoming years. Industries such as pharmaceuticals, cosmetics are growing at a rapid rate, surging demand for olive oil products across the region.
Countries such as Greece, Syria, Spain, Italy, and Tunisia are the highest contributors to this oil. Among these, Spain is one of the largest producers and exporters for olive oil in the world. Moreover, countries such as France, Portugal, Australia, U.K., China, France, and the U.S. are the largest importers of olive oil from Spain. Other regions such as North America, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East and Africa are expected to rise at a considerable rate in the years to come.
Get Sample PDF:
Segmentation of the Global Olive Oil Market
By Product Type
- Virgin olive oil
- Food and Beverages
- Bakery & Confectionery
- Ready-to-eat food products
- Breakfast Cereals
- Other Food and Beverage Applications
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
By Distribution Channel
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Drug Stores
Culinary Use of Olive Oil to Fuel its Demand Worldwide
The wide use of olive oil in medicines, cosmetics, and cooking is likely to create growth opportunities by 2026. It contains oleic acids and some fatty acids such as linoleic acid (21%) and palmitic acid (20%). These acids offer several health benefits which include enhancing metabolism by reducing inflammation. The rising use of this oil for culinary use is contributing to the growth of the market. Governments around the world are conducting initiatives to support the consumption of this nutritional oil, which is further expected to help market flourish. On the other side, fluctuations in olive oil prices may hamper the growth of the market. Additionally, the lack of advanced technologies required for the extraction of this oil is expected to restrict the market growth to an extent.
As per product types, virgin oil is expected to register higher growth in the forecast years on account of its rising demand from cosmetics and chemical industry.
Artisan Oil Company and Morocco Gold Launched Extra Virgin Olive Oil in the UK
Leading players in the olive oil market are continuously focussing on to develop innovative products for different industries, aiming to maintain their prominence. Companies such as Almazaras de la Subbetica, Muela Olives S.L., and Sucesores de Hermanos Lopez S.A, received an award by the World’s Best Olive Oils (WBOO) Organization. These companies produce the highest quality olive oil and are likely to contribute to the growth of the market. Some of the other significant developments made by companies include:
July 2018: Morocco Gold announced the launch of an extra virgin olive oil. These oils have secured major listings in the retail outlets of Central London.
February 2018: Another company called The Artisan Olive Oil Company announced the launch of a new range of Spanish vinegar and extra virgin olive oils in the UK.
Speak to Analyst:
SECONDARY DATA SOURCES THAT WE REFER TO:
- Annual reports, investor presentation, SEC filings, and press releases of companies operating in the market.
- Studies published by relevant associations (Institute of Food Technologists, Food and Drug Administration; Food and Agriculture Organization; Codex Alimentarius; etc.), government sources (World Bank; FoodDrinkEurope, Food Processing & Certification Bodies; etc.), international organizations (World Health Organization, The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, Eurostat, etc.), and articles published by Food Processing Magazine, Food Safety Magazine, ResearchGate, etc.
- Website, reports, and press releases of end user facilities – Food and beverage manufacturers and food service providers.
- Industry journals and paid databases.
Secondary Research is conducted to derive the following information:
- Details such as revenues, market share, strategies, growth rate, product & their pricing by region/country for all major companies.
- Details in relation to the parent market/related market, value and supply chain analysis, distribution channels, trade analysis, and recent technological developments.
- Market dynamics in relation to the market under focus – Drivers, restraints, trends, and opportunities.
- Market & technological trends and new product developments
View Related Reports: